Firmware/Embedded Software Engineer
M3D is looking for an embedded software engineer who is interested in bringing to life capabilities never-before-seen in desktop, consumer-accessible 3D printing.
As the firmware/embedded software engineer, you will be responsible for design, development and test planning of embedded software and firmware that controls entire systems of actuators and sensors for 3D printing applications. You will assist in product design and architecture development, and will support and help develop software requirements documents, test plans and schedules. It's expected you'll be an excellent collaborator on our team, but will also need to show skillful ownership and self-direction when tackling independent projects.
You may be called on to get your hands dirty with the math, research, modeling, simulation and analysis which necessarily informs our algorithms development. You will additionally be a core member of the team advancing overall knowledge regarding 3D printing -- allowing our end users to make incredible creations via affordable, innovative hardware.
Everyone at M3D is passionate about what we do. If you are the technical talent we're looking for, can bring an attention to detail, enthusiam and team ethic we aspire to, and love mastering a good challenge, come join the team!
- A MS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Robotics, Mechatronics or highly relevant field, or a BS degree with 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Expert in C/C++, with ARM targets a major plus
- Experience interfacing with a multi-disciplinary engineering team on novel and evolving designs
- Experience implementing code within a RTOS environment (VxWorks, Integrity, et al.)
- Excellent skills in documenting and communicating design and implementation work to other team members
These aspects are not strictly required to be considered for this role, but preference may be given to candidates who additionally have:
- Experience in designs heavily reliant on USB, wireless communications (802.11, Bluetooth) and SPI
- Experience working in enterprise tools such as Eclipse, Git and JIRA
Please include a cover letter with your application.
- M3D is located in Fulton, Maryland.
- M3D employees work here for the challenge, incredible flexibility, work-life balance, and meaningful work we do.
- Work with a passionate team of people with unusual flexibility. Set your own hours and work on something exciting.
- Clean, spacious, and bright modern workspace
- Located in a beautiful town with quick access to major highways and great lunch spots nearby
- More opportunities at: https://printm3d.com/jobs
M3D is an equal opportunity employer.